16 Feb 2020
Swedish Match – Director of Brand and Innovation
We are now looking to fill a new and exciting position as Director Brand and Innovation, in our Central Brand & Portfolio Innovations Team at Swedish Match. If you are a passionate and proven leader who is eager to work in an international setting, lead an engaged team with the ownership of brand, portfolio and innovation for Swedish Match Snus, then we hope to have you intrigued by the challenging, exciting and rewarding position as our Director of Brand and Innovation.
Join Swedish Match and the Central Marketing Team in our vision to create a World Without Cigarettes.
Cigarette smoking shortens the life of just over 6 million people annually. Smoking rates decline at a far too slow pace. In fact, so slow that tomorrow holds more smokers than todays´1.2 billion due to population growth. By outperforming the deadly cigarette with attractive and far less harmful products that attract smokers, we can create a better world.
Are you looking for a truly unique and exciting challenge and want to take on a leading role in a dynamic FMCG team, while improving the public health as you do, then we might have the perfect match for you!
On behalf of Swedish Match, we are looking to recruit a strong leader to head up the new Central Brand & Innovations Team. It will be your mission to lead the development and growth of Europe Divisions Snus Portfolio, with the ownership of brand, portfolio and brand guidelines. You will put the new structures in place, head up the day-to-day processes and best ways of working within the team. While doing so you will work closely with Consumer & Market Intelligence, R&D, as well as the local brand teams.
You will lead a team of central Brand & Innovation Managers and together you will secure the development of consumer centric product concepts, and deliver strategic, innovative and high-quality design and communication concepts to support successful launches in relevant Business Units and markets. The role is based out of the Swedish Match Stockholm HQ, is a member of Central Marketing & Sustainability Management Group and reports to VP Central Marketing & Sustainability.
- Lead the Central Brand & Innovation Team for snus and, by solid analysis of market data and consumer research, develop recommendations for product concepts, contributing to a strong and innovative brand portfolio.
- Recommend brand and portfolio strategy including short- and long term product roadmap as well as shaping a long-term innovation pipeline including driving innovation outside current portfolio
- Identify best ways of working within the new organization put structures and processes that will enable us to succeed in place
- Establish clear brand guidelines for the snus brand portfolio and deliver ready launch concept to the BU’s (incl. design, USP, Story and core message)
To succeed in this position, you have a successful track record from leading positions within brand and innovation, launching brand/categories in different kind of markets. You have at least 15 + years of experience within leading international FMCG companies, with proven leadership skills and an ability to show cross-functional success. While your leadership and natural ability to engage and motivate your team and other internal as well as external stakeholders is apparent, so is your analytical skills and strategic perspective. Naturally, you can give us concrete and impressive examples of delivering strong results in similar settings.
To succeed in this role, in short you need:
- 15+ years of international FMCG experience, the majority in brand and innovation roles
- Experience of leading innovation projects within consumer goods, based on analysis of market and consumer insights
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams and working cross-functionally
- Strategic and analytical, can translate data and insights into actionable initiatives
- Has the ability to challenge Status Quo in a constructive and productive way
- Fluent in Swedish & English is a must, inspirational and engaging presentation skills is a given
- Hold a university degree in Business (Finance/Marketing/Economics)
You are a natural leader with an ability to engage and motivate your team by focusing on their individual strengths, to maximize performance for the team in both a short and long-term perspective. You have high energy, commitment and you are goal- and solutions oriented. You have the ability and willingness to work in a strategic and operational way, a true change agent with a natural way of leading change, implementing ways of working and getting others onboard. As a person you are a true leader yet also a team player, structured, analytical and strategic. You are a high performing individual with an entrepreneurial mindset. You see the world as you potential playing field and thrive in international business settings.
Moreover, we look for:
- A strong communicator – that is both verbally engaging and inspirational in writing
- A leader with confidence and maturity to think freely and act responsibly
- Very strong analytical skills, a strategic perspective, a growth mind-set and a collaborative working style
- Experience from analyzing business and consumer insights and translate them into actionable plans and brand initiatives
- Very strong drive and a proven ability to create superior results
- Fluent in English
Application for the job:
In this recruitment Swedish Match is partnering with Academic Search. If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please contact
Researcher Maja Frick email@example.com +46 737 462143 or
Senior Recruitment Consultant Martina Josefsson firstname.lastname@example.org +46 736 503152
Please apply to the position by clicking the link below and attaching your CV + cover letter. In compliance with GDPR we will not process any applications through email or LinkedIn.
We look forward to your application as soon as possible!