Ikano Bank – Deputy MLRO
Ikano Bank are looking to further strengthen their Swedish Branch with a deputy MLRO with focus on business customers. As a deputy MLRO you will act as a part of the Products & Solutions team, sharing best practice between global and local functions, as well as securing continuous improvement and performance for the function. Do you have deep knowledge and expertise within AML and experience within the banking industry? Join Ikano and make a difference in finance for the many people.
“You will be part of Ikano Bank, where we create possibilities for a better living by providing banking and financial services. We do it with different perspectives, natural curiosity and long-term focus. A unique chance for greater responsibility and future opportunities. “
As deputy MLRO you will work closely with the MLRO & Compliance Manager and report to Head of Products and Solutions. You will be located at Ikano Banks HQ in Malmö/Hyllie.
Main tasks as:
- Provide information and guidance to the Swedish country organization on how to comply with AML rules and legislation.
- Deputizing for the MLRO as required ensuring that any internal suspicious activity reports or other referrals are quickly assessed, documented and where appropriate reported to the relevant authorities.
- Act on delegated and decided mandate to approve or reject escalated investigations from the Financial Crime Team.
- Being the deputizing point of contact towards Global AML Team, SUB and Compliance team.
- Act as point of contact for AML/CTF in the Swedish country organization, as well as for Operations in relation to the Swedish business.
- Support activities regarding the identification and management of ML/TF risks in connection with product development or in the event of other significant change.
- Providing advice and guidance on AML/CTF related matters where appropriate.
- Participate in annual risk assessments and responsible for incorporating conclusions into current processes and policies.
- Participate in the implementation of requirements set in Ikano Bank steering documents.
- Maintaining an up-to-date awareness of current Swedish statutory and regulatory AML/CTF obligations, current AML/CTF compliance best practice and relevant future developments and providing advice and guidance on AML/CTF related matters where appropriate.
- Monitor and control AML/CTF compliance and risk management in the Swedish market by being responsible for developing and performing 1st Line controls as well as identifying and evaluating new financial crime trends and risks.
- Ensure that internal AML/CTF related processes are implemented and that risks are mitigated in a suitable way as well as continuously support work to improve these processes where necessary.
- Supporting the delivery of internal training/briefings and attending team meetings as necessary, including monitoring of the employees’ awareness within the area.
- Collaborate with Financial Crime Team, MLRO, Global AML & Fraud team as well as Operations and our teams located in Sundbyberg to ensure staff understand their accountability for compliance with all AML/CTF regulatory requirements.
- Working together with the MLRO to secure a qualitative delivery in relation to internal audits and compliance reviews as well as timely management and delivery of mitigating actions related to action plans set to close potential findings.
- Following up and reporting on SLA towards Operations and other relevant departments within area.
- Working together with the financial crime team in order to ensure proper handling of transaction monitoring and screening alerts and taking decisions on appropriate official disclosures to the police (including any requests for consent to continue with transactions) as well as other external reporting where relevant.
- Providing and analyzing data regarding transaction monitoring, SAR, FIPO-reporting.
Are you the one for Ikano?
You share Ikanos core values, meaning you are curious, relentless, active, focused and thorough in the things you do. You can work, navigate and develop business during changing times in an efficient and simple way. You have a high driving force and is an efficient problem solver. Further on, you have a strong integrity and a strategic approach and know how to implement it in Ikanos (complex) everyday business. You feel comfortable when it comes to stakeholder management and can build trust and communicate clearly with different people in various situations.
Last, but not least – you would love to be a part of a caring and open culture where people live their values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective.
- Relevant academic degree, for example, law, economics or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of experience from a bank, financial company or relevant authority in the area of corporate customers & products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Swedish and English language.
- Extensive expertise and experience within AML, towards business customers. Preferably hands-on experience and optimizing from a process improvement perspective.
- Experience of KYC analysis, AML investigations including the reporting of SAR´s and understanding the due diligence.
- High knowledge of the Swedish Money Laundering Regulations.
- High knowledge within the Swedish AML & CTF regulation and working knowledge of the legal and regulatory obligations.
- AML Certification (completed or in progress) desirable.
- AML/CFT advisory experience and good working knowledge of SARs regime.
- Confident in using excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience in leading projects.
- A structured approach and with an ability to see details, without losing the holistic perspective.
- Experience in PSD2 fraud management is an advantage.
How to apply
Ikano Bank is partnering up with Academic Search International. For further questions, please contact Senior Consultant Marcus Kleine, Marcus.email@example.com / +46 73 650 31 77 or Researcher Sara Henriksson, firstname.lastname@example.org / +46 70 165 31 96. All information is handled confidentially in accordance with Academic Search Integrity Policy as well as the new data protection act, GDPR. This means that we can only process applications coming through the applications system. Thank you for your understanding.
About Ikano Bank
Ikano Bank offers simple and attractive savings and loan products for consumers, sales support services for retailers, and leasing and factoring solutions for corporate customers. Ikano Bank has a presence in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, the UK, Poland, Germany and Austria. Ikano Bank is part of Ikano Group, who is an international group of companies operating in the areas of banking, insurance, residential and retail. At Ikano, our vision is to create possibilities for better living. We do this by working together to create simple and meaningful solutions based on fair terms that bring value to our customers. Ikano Group was established in 1988 and is owned by the Kamprad family. Find out more about us on www.ikanogroup.com