HMS Networks – Development Director
We´re developing the industrial communication technology of the future – for a more productive and sustainable world. And we need your help!
The Anybus solution from HMS Networks are already world-leading when it comes to Industrial Information and Communication Technology. Our products solve everyday problems for automation engineers all over the world, helping the industry to become more efficient and sustainable. We are now looking for a Development Director to help bring Anybus products to the next level by passionately managing creative teams.
About the position
As Development Director at HMS Networks, you will be responsible for leading a team of ~60 dedicated engineers, working at the forefront of technology. You will be responsible for making sure that goals are met, standards are upheld, and legal regulations are followed – and most importantly – that product´s we develop meet customer demands.
Understanding the commercial value of technology is key to perform in this role.
Together with your team, you will develop strategies to improve effectiveness, reduce cost, improve delivery, and increase agility for future growth.
You will also:
• Lead Engineering Managers (team managers)
• Contribute with a helicopter perspective and provide the big picture to determine a course of action
• Be involved in innovation and business development focusing on the commercial value of technology
• Make sure that the organization’s engineering practices are effective, secure and streamlined
• Be responsible for evaluating schedules, quality assurance procedures and new releases in order to assess their value
• Ensure that the engineering process runs smoothly
• Make sure that quality assurance and quality control is conducted in an effective and thorough manner
You will report to the General Manager of Business Unit Anybus and be a member of the Anybus Management Team.
To be successful in the role as Development Director you need to be strategic, analytical, and innovative. You are good at breaking down and translating complicated sets of data. You enjoy working with engineers and thrive on creating new processes while adhering to proven and trusted methods.
We believe you have knowledge within, or experience from:
• Directing projects with cross-functional teams
• Collaborating with Business Line Managers to create new products and solutions
• Making well-informed decisions under pressure
• Interpreting data and metrics
• Managing budgets and resources
• Building teams and culture
• Organizing departments and teams
• Driving and securing change processes
• Coding and software (main part of the value is created by software)
• Participating in relevant industry communities
• Passion for exploring new and groundbreaking processes
• Communicating internally and externally, face-to-face and in writing
At HMS, we believe that connecting matters, in everything from making devices, machines and systems talk, to engaging actively with our customers. Our state-of-the-art technology connects millions of industrial devices all over the world — in automation systems as well as in innovative IoT applications. At heart, we are still a small, entrepreneurial company – on our journey of becoming big, without losing our core value of innovation.
Did you know that HMS…
• … is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm?
• … has a market cap of about 14 billion SEK?
• … has offices in 16 countries?
• … has about 700 employees?
• … had net sales of 1.5 billion SEK in 2020?
Awaiting you at HMS is a fun and challenging job where you will develop your organizational and technical skills in positive, international and relaxed environment.
How to apply
HMS is partnering up with Academic Search International. You apply by clicking the link below and uploading your CV + cover letter. If you have any questions, please contact Senior Recruitment Consultant Marcus Kleine at +4673 650 31 77 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Researcher Emma Herrlin at +46 704 32 28 75 or email@example.com.
All information is handled confidentially in accordance with Academic Search Integrity Policy as well as the new data protection act, GDPR. This means that we can only process applications coming through the applications system. Thank you for your understanding.
Academic Search International is one of Scandinavia’s most merited companies within Executive Search & Interim Management. Our focus is people with documented manager- and specialist competences. We have close collaborations with national and international companies with strong brands and purpose. Our mission is to unite the best qualified candidates with the toughest challenges at the most interesting companies in Sweden. Our values are KNOWLEDGE, ENGAGEMENT, RESPONSIBILITY and COLLABORATION. Through these values, we make a difference in all our relationships. www.academicsearch.se