26 Jan 2020
Ingka Group – Financial Controller, Tools & Master Data, Group Digital
Are you an experienced Financial Controller who is motivated by developing tools in an ever -changing, multi-dimensional environment? Would you like drive business growth and contribute to the overall success of one of the world’s largest retail companies? Ingka Group are looking for a strategic and business-oriented Financial Controller who is passionate about creating an IKEA fit for the future with the customer at heart.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to enable business transformation and secure Ingka Group long term profitable growth and independence through financial steering and decision support, operational excellence and compliance.
The Group Financial Controlling team leads the Financial Controlling Function providing support to the three core-businesses IKEA Retail, Ingka Centres and Ingka Investments. As a Group Function Financial Controller with the focus on tool process development you will lead, steer and support overall Ingka financial reporting that is beneficial to people & planet and protects and adds value to our assets, securing profitable growth and financial independence. You will also support the business steering and finance community with fit for purpose reports and tools. This will be done by providing Accounting & Reporting services, supporting a strong compliance framework, and effective governance to enable entrepreneurship and safeguard our people, customers and businesses.
- Set up and maintain the financial structures to follow-up cost and performance and support decision making in line with global frameworks
- Maintaining and managing financial master data in Group Digital to support the budget, forecast and cost follow up of the Group and Service Functions including preparation of management reporting
- Develop and improve standard reports and tools based on stakeholder feedback/requests and best practice continuously to support variance analysis, reviewing and challenging reported actuals and forecasts and first level of commentary
- Train and support finance community and business stakeholders in relevant tools.
- Drive efficiency and quality of financial information by continuously developing and adapting our tools to reflect our financial model and reporting structure
- Ensure relevant, complete, accurate and timely Accounting, Financial and Management reporting based on standard global frameworks and local legal requirements
- Work with the Group framework teams and functional leadership to minimise deviations from standard global frameworks for business needs and compliance reasons and secure effective ways of working
- Secure and maintain a connection with and between core areas, business owners, group functions and process teams within the Ingka Group
As a person you are passionate about creating an Ingka fit for the future and you are energized by increasing customer value, driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through people. Leading and developing people, leading through co-creation with colleagues and other IKEA units as well as sharing and living the IKEA culture and values motivate you.
For this role we expect you to have a Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics or a related field and strong knowledge of local and international GAAP. You also possess more than 5 years with increased responsibility in finance and process development with focus on tools. Strong ability to prioritize, provide clear directions and multitask and ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English is in your scope. You are highly numerate and comfortable working with complex budget and financial reporting models. Moreover, you have proven skills in developing people and provide support, coaching and training.
- Broad knowledge of financial and operational processes, their inter-dependencies and how to work through them in large international company
- Excellent knowledge of the measurement, processing and communication of financial information regarding economic entities
- Excellent knowledge of financial modelling and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of Cognos TM1, Qliksense, Qlikview and Cognos BI
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial reporting rules, standards and manuals, along with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent knowledge of how to plan, measure financial records in compliance with internal and external regulations and ensuring value for money in reaching business objectives and long-term profitable growth
- Good understanding of data science, new technologies, analytics and their wide ranging application in business context
- Advanced knowledge of how to create and implement change initiatives and manage various stakeholders
- Good knowledge of project management processes including methods and tools; and how to integrate them
We believe that you are a strategic, tactical and operational business partner, with strong analytical skills and an ability to translate business needs into financial consequences and solutions. You are a strong network and relationship builder both within and outside of the own organization as well as strong communicator with capacity to influence decisions, create energy and commitment within the organisation. Ability to handle a constantly changing environment with many different stake holders and demands along with ability to inspire individuals and teams to accomplish organisational goals; motivate people to perform and grow by providing feedback, coaching and training is in your scope.
How to apply
For more questions about this role, please contact Researcher Johanna Olsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0709 54 39 01 or Senior Consultant Staffan Lindquist, email@example.com or 0701 65 31 01.
You apply by clicking on the ”Apply now” button below, where you enter your personal details, enclose CV and cover letter. All information is handled confidentially in accordance with Academic Search Integrity Policy as well as the new data protection act, GDPR. This means that we can only process applications coming through the applications system. Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to receiving your application and your CV as soon as possible as we might interview candidates continuously.
About Ingka Group
The Ingka Group is a world leader in the home furnishing business. We are a strategic partner and the largest franchisee of the IKEA franchisee system, owning and operating 374 IKEA stores and digital touchpoints in 30 markets. The Ingka Group is a values-driven company with a passion for life at home and a vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
About Academic Search International
Academic Search International is one of Scandinavia’s most merited companies within Executive Search & Interim Management. Our focus is people with documented manager and specialist competences. We have close collaborations with national and international companies with strong brands and purpose. Our mission is to unite the best qualified candidates with the toughest challenges at the most interesting companies in Sweden. Our values are KNOWLEDGE, ENGAGEMENT, RESPONSIBILITY and COLLABORATION. Through these values, we make a difference in all our relationships. www.academicsearch.se